Saturday, October 16, 2010

World Bread Day Garlic Flour Tortillas







I've been busy promoting World Bread Day in the Philippine baking industry for almost three weeks but it didn't stop me from setting up the tortilla line to produce flour tortillas.

My intention was to make the tortilla line ready to produce hot flour tortilla on World Bread Day.

So far so good! produced a lot of flour tortillas after days of calibration with my equipments.





For those interested to make flour tortillas at home, let me share my favorite Garlic Flour Tortilla recipe:

Bread flour 1000g
Cold Water 550g
Baking Powder 15g
Garlic Powder 20g
Salt 20g
Shortening 40g

Mix until fully develop. Divide dough into 50grams dough piece and sheet into 8 inch flat round dough. Grill each side for around 25 seconds on medium flame on a flat griddle.

Cool for around 3 minutes and pack tortillas in plastics to prevent drying.




World Bread Day 2010 (submission date October 16)

1 comment:

  1. Love your tortillas! Thank you for participating in World Bread Day and I hope yours was successful too!

    ReplyDelete